Yahoo! Avatars

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Google Alert

I got my first Google Alert! I didn't hear anything for a couple of days, and I thought I might have stumped them with the subject of knitting, but there they were this morning.

This Saturday, June 14 is World Wide Knit in Public Day. I didn't know that this existed, and I also didn't know that some people had trouble knitting in public.

Another exciting thing is that there is an article about a third grade class that is knitting projects for cancer patients. This wasn't the class in Houston that I wanted more information about that was knitting baby caps, but it is the same idea. They also gave an address to contact them, so I will send something to them today.

There is a Knitting Cafe that provides equipment and classes for beginners. How cool. I wish it was in Houston. There is also a musical group named Knitting Factory. Who knew?

There was an article about how knitting is undergoing a renaissance and details about another knitting circle that is sending hats, scarves and sweaters to familes in need. Maybe I can get some ideas or find my baby cap pattern from this group.

And---there were 3 more blogs that I can add to my Google Reader. Most of the ones I found the other day were on hold, but these 3 are going strong and they were beginners like me. Just what I needed--more to read. Anyway, I am excited about it. Every article had something that I was interested in and didn't know about.

So, if any of you are knitters, go out and knit something in public on Saturday.

1 comment:

Grendel said...

There does seem to be a resurgence of interest in knitting. Or, if not, it certainly is in the news more than it used to be. There are novels that revolve around knitting and knitting clubs, and I thought, at first, that that was quite strange. Silly me. :( One of the teachers at my school had a knitting club for teens last year!