Yahoo! Avatars

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thing # 10

I am posting this without my images (that I spent all morning creating) because I kept getting html error messages when I tried to publish the post. I am in the process of trying to figure out what is going on (or have called help to help me figure out what is going on). I was so disappointed that it refused to publish it because I had three different images in my message - one comic strip, one license plate from Image Chef, and a trading card.

When I saved it and previewed it, it looked great, but when I went to publish it I got a red message bar across the top saying that the html code could not be published. I was so upset. I had worked on this for hours and it looked so good! Anyway, my comments on the project are below and I will publish the rest as soon as I can figure out what to do. I was afraid to click the box to ignore the message in case it totally erased everything that I did. How disappointing. Any suggestions?


I loved the Comic Strip Generator. This is another one of those sites that you could play around with all day, and it would take all day to get through their various selections. Many are not appropriate for elementary age children, so if it was going to be an assignment, such as quoting a famous person, or making some type of statement, there would have to be some type of limitations on the comic strips they could use. I can see our Art teacher using some of these, as there were many art reproductions. Great site and lot of fun.

Again, here I am with the Texas State Symbols. I loved Image Chef and will continue to explore it. I thought the license plate image would be a good image to put on the first slide, page of project, etc. to introduce it.

I tried the Flower Text in Image Chef and loved it--wish you could see my creation. It said to right click to save to desktop and them upload, but the right-click menu didn't give those options. It also said you could click and drag to desktop, but that didn't work either. You might want to try it--it is a beautiful image. I tried many times and came back to it later, but couldn't get it to work.

I also love everything I have tried on Big Huge Labs. This is a card that I created on Trading Card Maker as an example for the 2nd graders I was working with. They are always fascinated with my pets and love finding out that their teachers actually have a life, family, friends, house, etc.

They researched a topic they were interested in and created cards of their own.

1 comment:

Grendel said...

I sympathize. I am so sorry that happened to you. I will think about it, and if I find the answer, I will send it to you!