Yahoo! Avatars

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Thing #3 Setting Up Blog and Avatar

Oh my goodness, I think I created my avatar. I had a few problems figuring out that I had to sign up for Yahoo and all that was involved with that, but I did it and it was fun picking out all of the various outfits, hair, etc. I probably should have picked PJ's, but I didn't. I couldn't decide on a background, so I finally picked the Hall of Mirrors in Versailles because I had a chance to visit it last summer. It is a great reminder of a wonderful trip. Of course I had to include one of my pets, and since they are mutts, I had to pick the closest one I could find.

I found a step or two left out of the "export" steps, but I think I finally figured it out. I agree with the posting that said they would never have been able to do it without step-by-step instructions. Thanks for the help.

One of my original problems in Thing 2 was that it wouldn't work on Mozilla Firefox, but would work when I logged into Internet Explorer. Maybe I should have figured this out sooner, but I'm just glad I figured it out at all. As usual, completing any of these tasks correctly makes me feel like I have really accomplished something for the day. I think I will try some more Things.

2 comments:

VWB said...

I know you wish you were back in France this summer, but isn't it fun that you can put yourself there...virtually!

Jodi Pendarvis said...

Welcome to the playground. I'm not sure what the deal was with Mozilla Firefox. I'm thinking it was just a glitch because I'm not aware of any conflicts. Many, if not most, of the techie type people I know prefer Mozilla.

I hate that you had such a problem getting started, but I'm glad that it all worked out and you didn't have to spend the rest of your weekend stressed out!