Yahoo! Avatars

Monday, June 23, 2008

Thing #18 Online Productivity Tools

Google Docs seemed very straightforward. I love the video explanations with the LeFever guy. He makes everything very easy to understand, and he seems to have fun pushing and pulling papers onto his whiteboard--very simple production.

His example of sharing articles/documents for a newsletter through Google Docs makes perfect sense. All of the e-mailing back and forth makes it hard to keep track of the latest changes. We just have to get used to the idea of attaching e-mail to the document instead of our usual attaching a document to e-mail and then circulating it to many different people.

I uploaded one of my images from comicstripgenerator, but it would not let me make any changes. I couldn't change the text in the boxes, etc. It uploaded very quickly and I was looking forward to changing it in some way. It appears that this online tool is more for word documents, PP, or spreadsheets. I think it is a good idea for sharing and collaborating.

1 comment:

Grendel said...

Thanks for the lowdown on Google Docs!