Yahoo! Avatars

Friday, June 13, 2008

Thing #11 Library Thing

I love Library Thing. It is very easy to get carried away adding books to the list. Most of the books on my list are in my stack of books to read over the summer break. I am in the middle of an adult book now, as I take a break from the Bluebonnet books. I was determined to read at least one book geared towards adults this summer.

Adding books was easy. I loved seeing the covers pop up, and I want to go back in and set it up to display the covers instead of just a list. I would love to think that I could put all of the books I have in my house on this list and keep some type of inventory of them, but I don't know when I would find the time. I look forward to reading reviews about books that I have not read yet or am thinking about reading.

I checked out several groups. There are so many, that once again, I had to stop. I particularly liked the Historical Fiction and Non-Fiction groups. It is interesting to check out their most commonly shared books list and that gives me many new ideas. I also like the 50 book challenge and would love to have the time to read 50 book in a row of my choice. I did spend one wonderful summer in New Mexico where I got a chance to read 35 books. I felt like I was in heaven - reading and enjoying the mountain air.

The Gilmores was a group that had only two members and was created only 2 days ago, so I am guessing that those are two people that are fans of The Gilmore Girls and are trying to start a group. I had read the books on their commonly shared list, so perhaps this is a group I would have something in common with. There were no topics posted yet.

I also saw a Knitters Inc. group and it had 664 members. I will keep my eye on this one. The Children's Literature group is certainly one that would be a good one, but as I said, there were so many groups that sounded interesting or relevant, that it is very easy to get overwhelmed. Overall, I really like Library Thing.

1 comment:

Grendel said...

I love to see what books others are reading, and the ones they cherish.