Yahoo! Avatars

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Thing #8 RSS Feeds

I set up Google Reader and it looks very interesting. I subscribed to a variety of library blogs and one knitting blog. I found that some of the blogs that I wanted to subscribe to were closed or the person was no longer posting. A few I investigated seemed to be mindless dribble about their everyday life, minute by minute, and I couldn't see any advantage to subscribing to them.

The blogs that I subscribed to are: A Library By Any Other Name; Chair, Fireplace, and Tea Cozy; Librarian Philosopher; Chicken Spaghetti; and Yarn Harlot. I read the latest postings in all of them and found interesting and useful information that I can use as a librarian and as a hobby-type knitter.

I may add a few more to the list if I think I can keep up with them. I tried to add the Kathy Schrock blog because I know that she contributes many great lessons, but errors kept popping up. I will try to add it later.

I am new to RSS feeds and will continue to evaluate how much I like them, but I can see how they will increase my knowledge, and that is always a good thing. It does seem like a good way to organize the blogs I want to read--like one-stop shopping. There are wonderful ideas about books and how to use them. There are book reviews and opinions. There are ideas and library related information. There are shared frustrations. That all sounds good to me.

1 comment:

Grendel said...

The list of blogs you have checked out really intrigues me--Yarn Harlot. Gotta love it. I am going to look at Tea Cozy and hope it is by someone who loves tea as much as I do. Tea, teapots, tea cups, tea parties....