Yahoo! Avatars

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thing #20 YouTube, TeacherTube

This video is from YouTube (searched under libraries) and I picked it because Julie Andrews was reading to students and I thought it would be a way to expose them to an author visit and reading. However, as the video played, it turned into her talk at ALA and would be more interesting for librarians.





On TeacherTube, I searched for Texas Symbols, Battle of Alamo, and Women in Texas History and got 0 results. I decided to search through the ones that were already created on their list and settled on Cloud Rap. This video reviews three types of clouds and repeats a rap verse in between each explanation. The video includes student artwork of clouds and photographs of clouds. This would be something that could be played in a classroom as a follow-up to lessons on clouds. It very briefly mentioned the water cycle. Since I am not a fan of rap music, I got a little tired of the song about 1/2 way through. I am guessing it would hold the student's attention more than mine. One of the comments at the bottom of the video is that it would be helpful to have the words to go along with the song/video. I can see where that would be helpful.


1 comment:

Grendel said...

I'm with you on the rap music, but I would bet your students will love it and remember every word!