Yahoo! Avatars

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Thing #5 Flickr




I feel like I am just scratching the surface with Flickr and look forward to "exploring" it in more depth. I took the tour, and it reminds me of Snapfish (which is the photo sharing program I attempt to use now). I loved the Maps page that explains how you can drag-and-drop your photos onto a map to show where you took them. What a great way to organize them and keep track of all of the places you have visited.

I also explored the Interesting Things feature and clicked on my birthday. I was able to see photographs that were taken on that day from all around the world. Truly amazing.

On Creative Commons, I searched Texas. It has been a fascinating subject to me from the first day I set foot on Texas soil (not a native). I thought many of the photographs could be used for a fourth grade project on Texas monuments or symbols, etc. It seems like they do some variation of that each year, and everyone is looking for a new way to approach the subject. I copied several beautiful photos of Texas into My Pictures. I didn't copy any of the courthouses, but I absolutely love to see all of those beautiful buildings across Texas.


I see this sign when I come back from visiting family in Louisiana. Couldn't resist it!

















1 comment:

Grendel said...

Was it good to be back in Texas, and that is why you couldn't resist the sign? The picture of the wildflowers is really pretty. It made me feel good just to look at it. Thanks!